1. K-State home
  2. »Policies
  3. »PPM
  4. »4800
  5. »Tuition Assistance for University Employees


Questions relating to the information in each chapter of the Policies and Procedures Manual should be directed to the office issuing the chapter.

That information is usually located at the end of each chapter.

For policy update questions, please contact policy@ksu.edu.

Tuition Assistance for University Employees

Tuition Assistance for University Employees
Chapter 4870
Revised September 2, 2005, June 1, 2006, June 15, 2009 and July 1, 2014

Table of Contents

.010 Introduction
.020 Tuition Assistance for University Support Staff and Unclassified Employees
.030 Dependent/Spouse Grant
.040 Questions

.010 Introduction

Kansas State University values continuing education for its employees and provides tuition assistance for classes taken through Kansas State University. The Tuition Assistance Program is available to full-time (at least .9 FTE), benefits eligible employees.

.020 Tuition Assistance for University Support Staff and Unclassified Employees

To receive tuition assistance, university employees must submit an Application for Tuition Assistance  to the Office of Student Financial Assistance before the start of each semester. Payment of tuition for one undergraduate or graduate course, up to three hours, is permitted for each Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. The application requires the employee's and department head's signatures. Classes may be taken through the Manhattan, Olathe or Salina campus.

Tuition assistance pays for tuition only; fees and other associated costs are the responsibility of the employee.

Work release is not part of the program; time away from work for classes is up to agreements made with the supervisor and department head.

.030 Dependent/Spouse Grant

Dependents and spouses of full-time employees (at least .9 FTE) with regular (non-term) appointments and deceased employees who were employed full time at their death, are eligible for the Dependent/Spouse Grant. Employees are not eligible to receive tuition assistance from the Dependent/Spouse Grant. Complete information and the application form are available at the K-State Dependent/Spouse Grant website.

.040 Questions

Human Capital Services (HCS) is responsible for this policy. The Vice President or designee must approve any exception to this policy or related procedures. Questions should be directed to Human Capital Services, Benefits at 785-532-6277 or benefits@ksu.edu.

Questions on the application and submission guidelines for tuition assistance should be directed to Student Financial Assistance at 785-532-6420 or email finaid@k-state.edu