Official Bulletin Boards
Revised March 11, 2005, March 27, 2006, July 9, 2010, September 5, 2012, June 18, 2015 and March 23, 2021
Table of Contents
Kansas and federal law requires state agencies to designate and maintain official bulletin boards for the display of relevant, current administrative and personnel information of interest to employees. Such boards are to be in areas easily and regularly accessible to all employees.
Following is a listing of Kansas statutes and KSU policies or directives relevant to the placement of notices on official bulletin boards:
Kansas Statutes Annotated (K.S.A.) 75-2973.
Kansas State University Affirmative Action Plan.
Each dean, department head, director of an academic or administrative department/work unit, extension area office, and branch experiment station will designate an authority that is responsible for establishing an official bulletin board and assuring the required documents are properly posted and up-to-date.
Deans, department heads and directors are responsible for:
a) designating the location of an official bulletin board;
b) complying with all legal posting requirements; and
c) assuring the establishment and maintenance of an easily and regularly accessi ble official bulletin board for all employees within their department/work unit.
The official bulletin board will contain required documents and may contain informational documents.
The Human Capital Services will maintain a listing of the personnel related and information required for posting on the official bulletin boards.
The Office of Institutional Equity will maintain a listing of the EEO policies and guidance for compliance with the legal posting requirements.
The official bulletin board shall contain the documents outlined in Appendix A, which follows this chapter. Each document listed is linked to the required poster.
The following informational documents are beneficial for posting; however, they are not required:
- KSU University Support Staff Position Vacancy Announcements
- Yearly Holiday Schedule
- Emergency Phone Numbers (pdf)
- KSU Employment Opportunities
Contact Human Capital Services at (785) 532-6277 with any questions or for further information.
- EEO is the Law (U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission), revised November 2009 (pdf)
- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement (U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission), revised September 2015
- Kansas Law – Equal Opportunity (Kansas Human Rights Commission) (pdf)
- Equal Opportunity in Public Accommodations (Kansas Human Rights Commission) (pdf)
- KSU EEO/Affirmative Action Policy (KSU Office of Institutional Equity) (pdf)
- Worker's Compensation (Kansas Department of Labor), revised April 2013 (pdf) (use for accidents on or after April 25, 2013)
- Employee rights Under the FLSA-Minimum Wage (U.S. Department of Labor), revised August 1, 2016
- Minimum Wage (U.S. Department of Labor), revised July 2009 (pdf)
- Employee Right to Communicate or Whistleblower's Act (Kansas Civil Service Act) (pdf)
- Employee Rights Under the National Labor Relations Act (pdf)
- Job Safety and Health (Occupational Safety and Health Administration), April, 2019
- Americans With Disabilities Act NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC (Secretary of Administration, State of Kansas), revised March 2021 (pdf)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities Under the Family and Medical Leave Act (U.S. Department of Labor), revised April 2016 (pdf)
- KSU Threat Management Policy, revised September 4, 2020
- Unemployment Insurance Law (Kansas Department of Labor), revised December 2017 (pdf)
- Child Labor - Notice of Hours, revised, May 2012 (pdf)
- KSU Policy Prohibiting Discrimination, Harassment, and Sexual Harassment, and Procedure for Reviewing Complaints, revised August 2020 (pdf)
- Your Rights Under USERRA, the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (U.S. Department of Labor), revised October 2008 Pub. April 2017 (pdf)
- Official Bulletin Board sign (pdf)