Concert Band Clinic
Concert Band Clinic - January 19-21, 2024
2024 Concert Band Clinic Clinicians
|Dr. Andy Feyes||Doane University, Nebraska|
|Dr. Jay Gilbert||Doane University, Nebraska (retired)|
|Dr. Haley Armstrong||University of South Dakota|
|Dr. Isaiah Odajima||Baylor University, Texas|
|Dr. Janet Kim||University of Connecticut|
|Dr. Karen Fannin||University of Nebraska-Omaha|
Click HERE to see conductors from all 30 years of CBC!
After its introduction in the winter of 1994, the K-State Concert Band Clinic has grown to include over 600 students from the Midwest region. All participants experience educational and musical learning from nationally acclaimed guest clinicians. Centered on the K-State campus in Manhattan, the students are offered opportunities to visit the area and gain a sense of the University's atmosphere. The three-day event includes seven large ensembles, percussion ensembles, sectional rehearsals and master classes with the K-State School of Music studio faculty. For the directors, clinician sessions are offered by the honor band directors as well as an opportunity to meet the clinicians at a sponsored luncheon. The weekend concludes with performances by all seven honor bands and their percussion ensembles on the stage of McCain Auditorium on Sunday afternoon. A recording of the performance is given to each band director of the participating schools.
- All students wishing to participate in the K-State Concert Band Clinic must be nominated by their director. Please use the enclosed nomination form to list all nominees in the order of their performance skills, with the strongest player listed first. We appreciate your comments about your students on the nomination form. We will accept a minimum of two students from every school.
- After the nomination deadline, late nominations will be considered on the basis of instrumentation needs at that time.
- Please note that more Clarinets, Bass Clarinets, Double Reeds, Horns, and Tubas are generally needed to balance instrumentation.
- Students selected will be auditioned upon arrival and assigned to one of the seven concert bands.
- Your students may also arrange an appointment to audition for a KSU Music Scholarship on the Saturday of the clinic.
There is a non-refundable TBA registration fee for each student participating in the clinic. A professional recording will be made available for an additional fee. Please DO NOT send any registration fees for the students you nominate on the enclosed form. Student registration fees will be payable after nominees are notified of their selection. ALL NOMINATIONS MUST BE IN OUR HANDS BY THE POSTED DATE. STUDENTS ACCEPTED FOR PARTICIPATION WILL BE NOTIFIED BY Mid December. Please help us serve your students by submitting the nomination form at your earliest convenience. We are looking forward to an inspiring three days for these young musicians as well as teachers in attendance. Please call if additional information is needed: 785-532-3816.
The following hotels will have rooms reserved under the name of KSU Band Clinic until December. After that date, availability of rooms will not be guaranteed.
Bluemont Hotel | 785-473-7091 | 1212 Bluemont Ave.
Holiday Inn | 785-539-7531 1614 | Anderson Ave.
Super 8 | 785-537-8468 | 200 Tuttle Creek Blvd.
Fairfield Inn | 785-539-2400 | 300 Colorado
Parkwood Inn | 785-320-5440 | 505 South 17th St.
Hilton Garden Inn | 785-532-9116 | 410 South 3rd St.
University Bands is not responsible for making hotel reservations or paying for your rooms. We offer a choice of hotels as a courtesy.
JANUARY 19-21, 2024
JANUARY 24-26, 2025
JANUARY 23-25, 2026