Tools for Web Publishing
K-State units, registered campus organizations, and K-State students and employees, may all publish websites on the central K-State server, k-state.edu.
K-State web publishing
Web publishing details for K-State units and registered campus organizations.
Personal web publishing
Web publishing details for students, faculty, and staff webpages.
University event calendar publishing
Publishing events to the University calendar.
For webpages on www.k-state.edu
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- How to request a domain name registration or change and client-side DNS configuration details.
- E-mail Web Forms
- Forms available for K-Staters, how they work, examples, as well as CGI use at K-State.
- MIME Types
- Adding new media types.
- PDF Files
- Information on PDF files, including viewers, accessibility, and creation.
- Restricting Access to Webpages
- Limit access by IP address or a username and password.
- Using Access Control Lists
- Managing Unix web permissions.
- Web-based Message Boards
- Software to aid in online classroom discussions.