K-State Content Management System user guide
The K-State Content Management System (CMS) offers users an easy way to manage web pages. With the ability to login directly from any page of a entity's website, it is easy to navigate to the page to be edited. Once logged in, users can simply click on the area to edit and they are placed in a user-friendly editor.
Pages are checked out to only one user at a time to prevent users from overwriting each other's work. Also, users can only access content to which they have permissions to edit. When creating new pages, preconfigured templates are made available to provide consistency in web page design.
In addition to the information below, online support is available through the OmniUpdate Support site.
Basic CMS functions
- Accessing the CMS
- Viewing files
- Checking files in and out
- Editing a page
- Creating a folder
- Creating a page
- Creating the breadcrumb navigation file
- Editing the breadcrumb navigation
- Creating the standard site menu navigation file
- Editing the standard site menu
- Creating the standard site address file
- Editing the standard site address
- Modifying page properties
- Adding links
- Adding images
- Adding tables
- Publishing files
- Creating a form
- Advanced form options