March 23, 2020
Updated: How to contact services of Division of Student Life during limited operations
The Division of Student Life is ready to serve K-State students remotely. Don't let physical distance prevent you from accessing K-State support services. Below are ways you can stay connected with many of Student Life's resources.
Office of Student Life
During limited operations, the Office of Student Life will continue to support and advocate for students. Please contact in one of the following ways:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org. This account is monitored from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Phone 785-532-6432. This phone is answered by office staff from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, and by an answering service after hours.
- Fax 785-532-5307. This is checked once a day Monday through Friday.
Center for Advocacy, Response, and Education, or CARE, office
CARE advocates are working remotely and are available for services. Please contact us at email@example.com. For other immediate needs, please contact the Office of Student Life at 785-532 -6432. These contacts are available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. For confidential support, please contact the Crisis Center at 785- 532-2785.
Lafene Health Center
While Lafene Health Center will remain open, we have moved to an acute care model only until further notice. During this COVID19 pandemic, Lafene will suspend normal operations. Here are ways we can help:
- If you have questions about your scheduled appointment you may contact your provider on the myLafene+ patient portal or call Lafene at 785-532-6544.
- For prescription refills, send a message to your provider through the myLafene+ patient portal.
- To pick up prescriptions, the pharmacy drive-thru is the only access open for prescriptions. You can walk, bike or drive through the pharmacy drive-thru.
- To transfer your prescription, have your local pharmacy call 785-532-7758.
- To transfer your lab order, call Lafene at 785-532-6544.
Though Counseling Services has suspended all face-to-face in-office meetings to adhere to social distancing recommendations, we are now offering telehealth consultation for students who are in Kansas. While this is a sudden change and may feel strange to all of us, we are happy to do the best we can with what we have. Your clinician will be in contact to create a game plan to best support you during this time. You can reach Counseling Services at 785-532-6927 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be aware if you are experiencing any of the following that we urge you to contact Counseling Services by phone immediately:
- Thoughts of any kind related to suicide.
- Thoughts of any kind related to hurting or killing another person.
- Experience of a recent sexual assault.
- Fear you are seeing or hearing things that others do not.
Click here for tips to use to take care of yourself.
Additional options include skills workshops, which will be accessible remotely via Zoom. Workshop topics, days and times can be found at k-state.edu/counseling/student/pandemic/PandemicSelfCare.html.
Career Center facilities in the Berney Family Welcome Center are currently closed until further notice. You can "Chat with us" as found here on our homepage or give us a call at 785-532-6506 during our typical business hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. When after office hours, please email email@example.com and we will be back in touch the next business day.
- We plan to offer virtual drop-ins for resume critiques and other quick questions starting Monday, March 23. Our website offers a variety of online resources and tools for career exploration and the job search, especially Handshake.
- Note that the Career Closet will be closed for the rest of March and we are unable to accept in-kind donations during the current limited operations period.
Cats' Cupboard has moved to an online order form until further notice. We will not be open for drop-in visits.
- Please note that we are unable to fill orders for new visitors at this time. If you have visited Cats' Cupboard in the past, you are welcome to submit an order. If you have not visited in the past, we look forward to serving you in the future when normal campus operations resume.
- We will be filling orders once per week. All orders submitted by Tuesdays at midnight will be available for pick up between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Thursdays only. Once you have placed your online order, you will receive an email with additional instructions about pick up.
Center for Student Involvement
Organization registration for 2020-2021 will open on April 1. OrgCentral registration will be able to be completed digitally from a distance. In-person registration workshops will be transitioned to virtual methods; these workshops are a requirement for new organizations and optional for those groups that were registered for 2019-2020. Information about the registration process will be updated regularly on the Center for Student Involvement website.
- Student Organization Leadership Development workshops will be transitioned to a virtual method for the remainder of the semester. More information about these workshops and the link to participate will be made available on the center's website.
- Reach out to the Center for Student Involvement at firstname.lastname@example.org or Marissa Vitols at email@example.com at any time.
Diversity and Multicultural Student Affairs
Diversity and Multicultural Student Affairs support and services remain available to students and is operating remotely during this time period. Here's how to contact us:
- The office can be reached at 785-532-6276 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mirta Chavez, senior director of multicultural programs and services, can be reached at 785-532-6276 or email@example.com.
- The Multicultural Student Office can be reached at 785-532-6276 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trumanue Lindsey, director of diversity and multicultural student life, can be reached at 785-532-6284 or email@example.com.
- For LGBT Resource Center support and services, you may contact Brandon Haddock at 785-532-5352 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Debra Bolton, director of intercultural learning and academic services support, can be reached at 785-532-6276 or email@example.com.
- For DREAMZone support or services, contact Madaí Rivera, assistant director of student engagement, at 785-532-6237 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Associate Vice President for Student Life for Diversity & Multicultural Student Affairs Adrian Rodriguez can be reached at 785-532-6237 or email@example.com.
Student Access Center
The best way to contact the Student Access Center is by email, firstname.lastname@example.org. Office staff is working remotely and will respond to your email as quickly as possible. Please note, there may be a delay in a response to a fax sent to the office.
- Along with the office, the Student Access Center Testing Center is closed until further notice.
Parent and Family Program
K-State parents and family members can reach the Parent and Family Program by calling 785-532-2222, email to email@example.com, or through Facebook, @kstatepfa.
Office of the Vice President for Student Life and Dean of Students
The Vice President for Student Life Office can be reached by calling 785-532-6237 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The phone is staffed between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. We also are available on Facebook, @divisionofstudentlife.
Housing and Dining Services
Residence halls and dining centers on campus are closed during the university's limited operation status. Jardine Apartments remains open for residents.
The main Housing and Dining Services office phone line, 785-532-6453, is being answered during business hours. Voicemails can be left during non-business hours and emails to email@example.com are being monitored and answered.
The Jardine Apartments office is closed, but voicemails can be left at 785-532-3790. For emergency needs, residents can call the staff on duty number provided to them. This number is posted on the doors of Building 5 in Jardine as well.
For information regarding the move-out process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Services available to residents will be updated on the Housing and Dining Services website.