Position Opening: Student Assistant
POSITION TITLE: Center for Advocacy, Response and Education (CARE) Student Assistant
SUPERVISOR: Clara Kientz
POSITION STATUS: Part-Time, Variable Hours, 2018-2019 academic year
PAY RATE: $7.25 per hour
The Center for Advocacy, Response and Education (CARE) is a safe space for any member of the K-State community who have been affected by dating, domestic, and sexual violence, stalking or harassment to receive confidential services. CARE collaborates across identities and sheds light on the realities of psychological, emotional, financial, physical and sexual forms of violence. CARE challenges the campus community to join us in advocating for positive social change while addressing the influences and social patterns that lead to interpersonal violence and other forms of oppression.
Under the supervision of a full-time staff member, this position performs the following duties (though not limited to those listed):
- Completes tasks as assigned by the supervisor and other members of the office staff.
- Utilizes the most economical and efficient method of completing tasks. Work must be accurate, neat, and conform to departmental and university regulations.
- Serves as administrative support: Answers telephone and schedules appointments for staff members. Verbal and written communication skills must be excellent.
- Maintains confidentiality of all office files and information relating to the operation of the office. Confidentiality in this office is A MUST and failure to comply can result in termination.
- Complies with general office policies and procedures in reporting to the supervisor and completing tasks.
- General office duties within the CARE office may include (but are not limited to) typing, copying, filing, running errands (on-campus), and other duties as assigned.
- Support clients who come to the office in emotional distress.
- Explain basic office policies and practices to CARE office clients.
- Cover Orientation and Enrollment tabling events when assigned.
- Represent CARE at awareness events when assigned.
- Knowledge of the basic dynamics of gender-based crimes is preferred.
- Dependable and courteous with evidence of initiative
- Ability to organize, communicate well, and understand general office procedures
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at any given time
- Professional in all interactions with students, faculty, and staff
- Experience in the use of a computer required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office; particularly Word and Excel
- Good academic standing according to university standards
- Previous office experience helpful
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com