Career Closet for K-State Students
Career Closet is a program established by the Career Center that allows K-State students to obtain business attire from a wide selection of clothing donated by Kansas State faculty, staff, and alumni as well as other professionals. Get tips on how to dress to impress!
- Available to all K-State students! The Career Closet is open Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- Clothing is free to K-State students although monetary donations may be made for the Manhattan Emergency Shelter.
- Depending upon inventory, students may typically take up to 3 items.
- Special thanks to our Career Center Champion, Koch Industries, for their sponsorship of the Career Closet program.
Donations for Career Closet
Career Closet benefits Kansas State students in need of business attire for career fairs, internships, interviews and more.
What we need
View our Amazon Wish List for specific items. Otherwise we're looking for:
- New or gently used clothing in the business casual to business professional range for men and women, all sizes (unable to accept jeans and t-shirts).
- Men and women's suits
- Blouses and shirts
- Men and women's dress pants
- Belts, ties, accessories
- Gently worn shoes
- Clothes should be cleaned prior to donation.
- Clothes should be good to excellent quality and purchased within the last five years/current with fashion.
How to donate
Drop off at the front desk of the Career Center, 705 N. Martin Luther King Jr Drive. Donations are required to be professionally cleaned prior to/or at time of donation.
Please bring the donation form with you when donating items. Your donation form will be processed and you will receive a receipt from the K-State Foundation by mail.
Monetary donations to benefit the Career Closet are greatly appreciated! Monetary or in-kind donations are tax-deductible.
View our list of recent donors — thank you for your support of K-State and for helping us guide students from college to career!