Career Closet for K-State Students
Career Closet is a program established by the Career Center that allows K-State students to obtain business attire from a wide selection of clothing donated by Kansas State faculty, staff, and alumni as well as other professionals. Get tips on how to dress to impress!
- Available to all K-State students.
- Available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. at 148 Berney Family Welcome Center.
- Clothing is free to K-State students although we accept monetary donations for the Manhattan Emergency Shelter.
- Depending upon inventory, students may typically take up to 5 items.
Donations for Career Closet
View our list of recent donors — thank you for your support of K-State and for helping us guide students from college to career! Career Closet benefits Kansas State students in need of business attire for career fairs, internships, interviews, etc.
Donations are tax-deductible.
What we need
View our Amazon Wish List for specific items. Otherwise we're looking for:
- New or gently used clothing in the business casual to business professional range for men and women, all sizes (unable to accept jeans and t-shirts).
- Men and women's suits
- Blouses and shirts
- Men and women's dress pants
- Belts, ties, accessories
- Gently worn shoes
- Clothes should be cleaned prior to donation.
- Clothes should be good to excellent quality and purchased within the last five years/current with fashion.
How to donate
For those in the Manhattan area, clothing items may be dropped off at 148 Berney Family Welcome Center, during regular office hours Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. For those outside the Manhattan area or with drop-off schedule conflicts, please make other arrangements by contacting email@example.com or 785-532-6506.
Please bring the donation form with you when donating items. Your donation form will be processed and you will receive a receipt from the Foundation Office by mail.