1. K-State home
  2. »Office of the Registrar
  3. »Students
  4. »properties
  5. »properties

Office of the Registrar

Office of the Registrar
118 Anderson Hall
919 Mid-Campus Drive North
Manhattan, KS 66506–0114

Main Line: 785-532-6254

Phone Hours:
 Monday, Wednesday through Friday
 8:00-5:00 pm
 9:00-5:00 pm
E-mail: registrar@k-state.edu 


Walk-in Hours:
 Wildcat One Stop
 119 Anderson Hall
 Monday, Wednesday through Friday
 8:00-5:00 pm
 9:00-5:00 pm

Guidelines for Changing (adding or removing) Secondary Majors

As you pursue your passion in your college career, you might decide that adding, removing or changing to a different secondary major would better suit your needs. A secondary major is typically an Interdisciplinary major that must be completed along with a primary major course of study, such as a secondary field of specialization, an interdisciplinary program of study which is completed in addition to a major. Secondary majors cannot be earned outside of completion of the primary major. To ensure you have made the right choice and that your secondary major change is reflected on your academic record you need to follow the instructions below:

If changing a secondary major:

  1. Email your current major advisor. Discuss your desire to change curriculum.
  2. Determine which Academic Department owns the Secondary Major {see the Degrees & Certificates Offered section of the Catalog for assistance}
    • The Degrees & Certificates Offered website will tell you what college the certificate is attached to
    • From there you should refer to the Colleges and Academic Units website to locate the academic department along with the contact information.
  3. Email the Academic Department that owns the Secondary Major, and include the following information:
    • Full Name:
    • Wildcat ID #
    • Changing/Adding/Removing From the Following Secondary Major:
    • Changing To:
      • Or Adding:
      • Or Dropping:
  4. Your request must be sent from your official K-State student email.
  5. You will receive a confirmation email from the Academic Department