Students must apply for graduation online, through their student KSIS account, for all majors, minors, and/or secondary majors they plan to graduate with. (How-to)
The dates to apply for graduation are listed on the official Academic Calendar. As your school/college may have program-specific graduation deadlines, always check with your Dean's office for official dates.
- If you have already submitted your graduation application, and now need to change your application to a different term, please contact your Dean's office.
- If you have any questions regarding university degree requirements, please refer to the Academic Catalog.
- If you have submitted your graduation application, but now need to change your diploma name or diploma address, you may do so through your KSIS Student Center. (How-to update your diploma name and/or your diploma address).
If you have any questions about the graduation application process, please contact the Office of the Registrar, 118 Anderson Hall, 785-532-6254, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undergraduate degrees are awarded three times a year, December/Fall term, May/Spring term, and August/Summer session, to students who have met all department, college, and university requirements.
Graduate and Vet Med degrees are overseen by the Graduate School and the College of Veterinary Medicine respectively. Students should consult with their Dean's office for degree information and timelines.
Bachelor degree candidates who will have completed a minimum of 60 undergraduate hours at Kansas State University with at least 42 credit hours in graded undergraduate courses at Kansas State University, are considered for graduation with honors as follows:
Students with a 3.950 or above K-State cumulative grade point average are designated as Summa Cum Laude.
Students with a 3.850-3.949 K-State cumulative grade point average are designated as Magna Cum Laude.
Students with a 3.750-3.849 K-State cumulative grade point average are designated as Cum Laude.
Graduation honors for undergraduate students are based on undergraduate coursework. Any concurrent graduate or professional credit earned is excluded from the calculation of bachelor degree graduation honors.
Students seeking a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree are eligible to receive graduation honors based on courses completed in the professional program.
For the purpose of the commencement ceremony, unofficial graduation honors are recognized for Bachelor degree candidates who possess the required K‐State cumulative grade point average prior to the start of the semester in which they plan to participate in the commencement ceremony, and have completed or are currently enrolled in enough credit hours to satisfy the credit hour requirements.
Students with at least 12 graded hours whose semester grade point average for a given semester is 3.75 or above will be awarded semester honors.
Graduate School and Veterinary Medicine students are ineligible for semester honors.
- Spring 2019 Commencement Instructions (pdf)
- Additional Graduation Information (pdf)
- Commencement Ceremonies (live stream)
- For information regarding photos taken at the Commencement ceremonies, please go to: https://www.gradimages.com/
Saturday, May 11, 2019
- Student Life Center, Salina: 10:00 a.m., Kansas State Polytechnic
Friday, May 17, 2019
- Bramlage Coliseum: 1:00 p.m., Graduate School
- McCain Auditorium: 3:30 p.m., Veterinary Medicine
Saturday, May 18, 2019
- Bramlage Coliseum: 8:30 a.m., Arts & Sciences
- Bramlage Coliseum: 11:00 a.m., Education
- Bramlage Coliseum: 12:30 p.m., Business Administration
- Bramlage Coliseum: 2:30 p.m., Agriculture
- Bramlage Coliseum: 4:30 p.m., Human Ecology
- Bramlage Coliseum: 6:30 p.m., Engineering
- McCain Auditorium: 10:00 a.m., Architecture, Planning & Design
Please note that we will alternate parking lots at Bramlage; A&S - West, Education - East, Business - West, Agriculture - East, Human Ecology - West, Engineering - East