Volunteer opportunities in The Gardens
Volunteers play a vital role at The Gardens by assisting in actual gardening, office support, special events, or other activities. You don't have to be an expert gardener or expert anything to be of assistance. Some activities are seasonal while others are on-going. The amount of time you wish to volunteer is up to you. Of course, The Gardens benefit from your time and efforts; and, as a volunteer, you can meet people with similar interests and hone or gain new skills while becoming part of a gardening community,
To learn more about opportunities, contact Laura Hall, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com
Volunteer opportunities include the following:
- Gardening: Assist with seasonal planting, trimming, deadheading flowers and other general garden upkeep.
- Visitors Information Center: Greet visitors and assist with mailings, web site updates, maintain plant databases, and other clerical support.
- Special events: Assist in fun special events that are held throughout the year.
- Tour guide: Act as a guide for groups wishing to tour The Gardens. Special training is provided.
- Speaker's Bureau: Help inform people by giving a 30-minute slide presentation on The Gardens to community groups. Special training is provided.
- Other: Any additional areas of interest that are not listed.
To learn more about opportunities, contact Laura Hall, Volunteer Coordinator, at <firstname.lastname@example.org>