Planning an Event
Many groups plan events throughout the year. To make sure your program is successful, here are some helpful tips in planning the perfect event.
Promoting your event
- Make a poster. Or have Student Design Services design one for you. Submit a request here.
- Creating an event in OrgSync. Here’s how. (Link to sign in to do it. Then link on how to do it.)
- Creating an event in K-State 360. Here’s how.
Event planning checklists
Check out these best practices(link to Planning an Event) in making sure you don’t let any detail slip through the cracks. Here’s a sample event to-do list adapted from UPC.
Here are a list of common event spaces on campus for your event.
The K-State Student Union hosts many events. Here are some commonly used event spaces.
- Forum Hall– This auditorium can seat 575 people.
- Grand Ballroom– It can be divided into Main, West, K Ballroom, S Ballroom, U Ballroom, or a combination the ballrooms.
- Wildcat Chambers– Formerly known as Little Theatre, this auditorium is multifunctional.
- Union Courtyard– Multi-functional and very public, this space hosts a variety of spaces each year.
The Union also has a variety of meeting and banquet rooms. Visit the Union’s website to learn more about venues and to book a space.
The Division of Facilities reserves spaces on campus. To reserve Bosco Student Plaza or other campus venues, fill out the building request form. To reserve All Faiths Chapel, fill out the chapel request form.