K-State Classy Cats
Congratulations to the 2016-2017 Classy Cats!
Hanna La Londe
Thank you for your interest in the Kansas State University Classy Cats. Classy Cat positions are considered a 1-year position. Each Classy Cat must re-audition each year. We will choose an 18-24 member performance squad.
THE PERFORMANCE SQUAD WILL PERFORM AT:
* Football Pre-game
* Football Side-lines
* Football Half-time
* Pep Rallies
* Basketball Games
* Basketball Half-times
* Assigned Events
KSU Marching Band will provide Classy Cat uniforms.
Classy Cats must purchase:
1. Shoes-3 pair: color and design designated by Coordinator
2. Secondary Uniform: shorts, t-shirt, tights, dance pants, wind pants & jacket, bag (approximately $400.00 plus camp for new members, $250.00 plus camp for returning members).All funds must be paid by first game. No participation will be allowed until payment is received.
3. Fundraisers will be provided to help with uniform (shoes, dance pants, warm-ups, etc.) and camp expenses.
Any Classy Cat who does not perform in a professional manner &/or does not represent the position and band in a positive light will be removed from the position on a temporary or permanent basis as the situation dictates.
Classy Cats must maintain a professional appearance in costume, hair and make-up to remain congruent with others.
All correspondence and communication must be initiated by the candidate/Classy Cat and not another family member.
All Classy Cats will attend all rehearsals (including Band Camp & summer practices) and performances. As members of the bands, the Classy Cats will perform any time the marching band/basketball band and volleyball band performs unless scheduled otherwise by the Band Director and Classy Cat Coordinator. All Classy Cats will be required to attend summer camp (late July or early August-TBA), and 3 of the 4 summer practices. It is a time when members learn new routines, work on technique and become as one, a "TEAM". Any exception to this requirement will have to be approved by the Classy Cat Coordinator and/or Band Director.
*Marching Band rehearsal is held from 3:30-5:30 pm every Tuesday, Thursday weekly and Friday of home game(or an assigned performance)weekends. Monday from 3:30-5:30 pm, Wednesday from 3:30-5:15 pm, and Tuesday from 7:00 - 8:30 pm rehearsals will be for Classy Cats only. Saturday rehearsal will be held on the mornings or afternoons of home games with report time five hours before game time. Spring Semester rehearsal times will be announced at a later date.
Auditions: 2017 - TBA
ALL MATERIALS ARE DUE BY TBA 2017
Thank you for expressing interest in the Kansas State University Classy Cats. This year's auditions will be held TBA (2017) at Ahearn Fieldhouse. A map of the campus can be found at http://www.ksu.edu/maps.
The audition schedule is as follows:
8:45 Clinic begins
10:30 Preliminary auditions begin
1:00 - 4:30pm Finals
Auditions will consist of:
- Jazz Combination
- Pom Combination
- Splits (Left, Right, Center)
- High Kicks (Left, Right)
- Turn Combination
- Double & Triple Pirouettes
- Turns in Second
- Leap Combination
- Switch Tilt
- Turn Leap
- Grand Jete (Left, Right)
The combinations will be taught the day of the audition. Your performance will be judged on your technique, style, rhythm, showmanship, and ability to learn quickly.
Black Hot Shorts, Any Color Sports Bra or Performance Half-top, Jazz Shoes, Full Make-Up, No Jewelry (post earrings are acceptable), Performance Hair- Hair Down out of face (can wear pouf, side pouf, front braid, or sides up)
Before auditions, please send the following (THESE MATERIALS MUST BE IN BY TBA 2017)
- Two letters of recommendation from a coach, dance instructor, teacher, boss, mentor – Someone that can speak towards your dance experience, work ethic, and personality.
- A Short essay entitled Why I Want to be a Classy Cat- Explain the dynamic you can bring to the team and what factors made you decide to audition to be a Classy Cat
- Recent photo (will not be returned)- At least a 5x7 color photo
All MUST complete the auxiliary registration form prior to auditions. Please send all materials to:
226 McCain Auditorium
Manhattan, KS 66506
A registration fee of $10.00 will be due when you sign up for the auditions. Checks may be payable to KSU Bands. We look forward to your attendance at the auditions, and wish you the best of luck. For questions please call KSU Band Office (785-532-3816) or Email email@example.com