K-State Classy Cats
Congratulations to the 2014-2015 Classy Cats!
KSU Marching Band will provide Classy Cat uniforms.
Classy Cats must purchase:
1. Shoes-3 pair: color and design designated by Coordinator
2. Secondary Uniform: shorts, t-shirt, tights, dance pants, wind pants & jacket, bag (approximately $400.00 plus camp for new members, $250.00 plus camp for returning members).All funds must be paid by first game. No participation will be allowed until payment is received.
3. Fundraisers will be provided to help with uniform (shoes, dance pants, warm-ups, etc.) and camp expenses.
Any Classy Cat who does not perform in a professional manner &/or does not represent the position and band in a positive light will be removed from the position on a temporary or permanent basis as the situation dictates.
Classy Cats must maintain a professional appearance in costume, hair and make-up to remain congruent with others.
All correspondence and communication must be initiated by the candidate/Classy Cat and not another family member.
All Classy Cats will attend all rehearsals (including Band Camp & summer practices) and performances. As members of the bands, the Classy Cats will perform any time the marching band/basketball band and volleyball band performs unless scheduled otherwise by the Band Director and Classy Cat Coordinator. All Classy Cats will be required to attend summer camp (late July or early August-TBA), and 3 of the 4 summer practices. It is a time when members learn new routines, work on technique and become as one, a "TEAM". Any exception to this requirement will have to be approved by the Classy Cat Coordinator and/or Band Director.
*Marching Band rehearsal is held from 3:30-5:30 pm every Tuesday, Thursday weekly and Friday of home game(or an assigned performance)weekends. Monday from 3:30-5:30 pm, Wednesday from 3:30-5:15 pm, and Tuesday from 6:30-8:00 pm rehearsals will be for Classy Cats only. Saturday rehearsal will be held on the mornings of home games with early report times varying from 6:00-8:00 am. Spring Semester rehearsal times will be announced at a later date.
Classy Cat Workshop
- Workshop Information
Special Announcement (1/21/15): The Classy Cat College Dance Team Workshop will be held on February 08, March 8 and April 12, 2015. The clinic will be held at the Ahearn Gym, KSU Campus and is open to all High School and College ladies interested in trying out now or in the future for the KSU Classy Cats or any college dance team. For more information and paper registration CLICK HERE. For online registration, please Follow this link.
- Thanks to everyone who participated in this years' Classy Cats workshops! If you have further questions, please contact Kathleen Henao at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you at auditions!
Junior Classy Cat Clinic - click for paper registration
Saturday, February 21, 2015
Who: All girls, grades K-9 (will be divided into age groupings)
What: A fun-filled day of spirit and dance with the talented KSU Classy Cats, followed by a chance of a lifetime performance at the KSU vs. Oklahoma Women’s Basketball game at 7:00 PM.
When: Saturday, February 21, 2015
Where: Chester E. Peters Recreation Complex – Small Gym, KSU Campus
Cost: $25.00 per participant (price includes clinic, t-shirt, snacks and ticket for the game)
Time: 2:00pm-4:30pm (Dance Clinic)
4:00pm (Performance for parents at the KSU )
7:00pm (Optional Basketball game and half-time performance at Bramlage Coliseum)
- Parents are welcome to attend a special performance at the end of the afternoon clinic, featuring the KSU Classy Cats and all clinic participants.
- Participants will be admitted free to the basketball game.
- K-State vs. Oklahoma 7 PM • Saturday, February 21 • Bramlage Coliseum
- Discounted $3 tickets are available for friends & family online when you use the promo code CLASSYCATS.
-Enter the promo code: CLASSYCATS. -Click on Oklahoma.
-Enter the number of tickets you would like to purchase (please remember that
the participants do not need a ticket), and click on add to cart.
-Enter the word verification and click continue.
-Select print at home for your delivery method, and click 'Checkout' to purchase.
-The deadline for your group to order tickets is Midnight, Monday, February 16.
-For questions regarding tickets, contact Adam at 785.532.6650 and questions regarding clinic, 785.532.3816.
PARTICIPANTS MUST PRE-REGISTER BY FEBRUARY 16, 2015.
We cannot accept walk-ins the day of the Clinic.
For more information, call KSU Band Office at 785-532-3816 or e-mail email@example.com