[For HS Sophomores and Juniors]
March 6, 2015
8:30 a.m.- 1:30 p.m.
Hosted by the Division of Music Education
Sponsored by the University Bands and Choirs
Thursday, October 23, 2014
[for High School Seniors]9:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
All Faiths Chapel and McCain AuditoriumHosted by the Division of Music Education
Sponsored by University Bands and Choirs
Each year, Kansas State University hosts the FUTURE MUSIC EDUCATOR’S DAY. The event allows high school students to follow an assigned student mentor through a “Day-in-the-life-of” a music education student. Rather than being specifically a recruiting activity for the university, Future Music Educator’s Day is an attempt to expose potential music students to a career in education. It is more of recruitment for the profession than for any one institution.
Built in to their day’s schedule are the following meetings and presentations:
- Meeting with faculty and student mentors
- Visit of a Music Education class session
- Visit of sessions on Instrumental, Choral, String, or Jazz Education
- Observe a Band, Orchestra, or Choral rehearsal
- Sessions on Music Education
- So you want to be a music teacher
- Preparing to be a music major in college
If you have questions, please contact:
Dr. Frank Tracz
Director of Bands
226 McCain Auditorium
Kansas State University
Manhattan, KS 66506