Future Music Educators and Careers in Music Day
Thursday November 8, 2018
[for High School Seniors]8:45 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
All Faiths Chapel and McCain AuditoriumHosted by the Division of Music Education
Sponsored by K-State School of Music theatre, and Dance
Each year, Kansas State University hosts the FUTURE MUSIC EDUCATOR’S DAY. The event allows high school students to experience a “Day-in-the-life-of” a music education student. Rather than being specifically a recruiting activity for the university, Future Music Educator’s Day is an attempt to expose potential music students to a career in music and education. It is more of recruitment for the profession than for any one institution.
Built in to their day’s schedule are the following meetings and presentations:
- Meeting with faculty and student mentors
- Visit of a Music Education class session
- Visit of sessions on Instrumental, Choral, String, or Jazz Education
- Observe a Band, Orchestra, or Choral rehearsal
- Sessions on Music Education
- So you want to be a music teacher
- Preparing to be a music major in college