October 2, 2023
Division of Academic Success and Student Affairs name changes
Rooted in the Next-Gen K-State strategic plan, it was announced in July as part of the SEM Operational Excellence Organizational framework that many of the programs and services in the Office of Student Success would be merging with the Division of Student Life to create the new Division of Academic Success and Student Affairs.
Under the leadership of Thomas Lane, vice president for academic success and student affairs and dean of students, additional name changes have been instituted to better illustrate the valuable work of various offices or services. These include:
- Diversity and Multicultural Student Affairs will become Student Belonging and Inclusion.
- The Office of Student Life will become Student Support and Accountability.
- The Center for Student Involvement and Union Programming will become Student Programs and Involvement.
- The LGBT Resource Center will become the Spectrum Center.
- The Office of First-generation Students will become the First-generation Student Center.
Overall, the goal of these changes is to better differentiate the entities in the division and to align with regional and national standards while helping students more effectively navigate essential services.
Website and directory updates for the renamed units in the division are in progress. The reimagined website for the Division of Academic Success and Student Affairs has already been launched to aid in the transition.