October 27, 2021
Reminder: Faculty, staff can win prizes by getting COVID-19 vaccine
Kansas State University faculty and staff can win prizes — including Apple Watches, Apple MacBook Pros, K-State Union gift cards and more — by getting the COVID-19 vaccination.
Every week the university draws names of faculty or staff members who meet the following requirements:
- Have been fully vaccinated or have completed their first dose of a two-dose series with the second dose scheduled.
- Have filled out the vaccination incentive program survey.
Weekly prize drawings will continue every Monday through Nov. 22. A list of prizes by level is available on the K-State COVID-19 website.
The seventh weekly drawing occurred on Monday, Oct. 25. The full list of prizes and the winners' units included:
- $50 K-State Student Union gift cards went to employees in the Office of the Vice President for Research, the College of Business Administration, the College of Arts and Sciences, the Division of Information Technology, the Office of the Registrar, K-State Libraries, K-State Research and Extension and the College of Agriculture.
- An Apple Watch went to an employee in the Office of the Vice President for Research.
- An Apple MacBook Pro went to an employee in Housing and Dining Services.
Learn more about the vaccination incentive program for faculty and staff.
Vaccination is the best protection against COVID-19. The federal government is requiring all K-State employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by Wednesday, Dec. 8. Read more about the COVID-19 vaccine requirement.
No purchase necessary. COVID-19 vaccines are available through Lafene Health Center and other providers at no cost. Faculty and staff members should review the potential side effects and other safety risks associated with receiving a COVID-19 vaccine published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and/or consult with their medical provider when deciding whether to be vaccinated.