October 27, 2021
Do not delay: Enroll in health insurance before Oct. 31
The open enrollment period, your annual window to enroll in and/or make changes to your benefits portfolio, is scheduled to end this weekend. If you have not yet completed your enrollment, now is the time to do so.
Health insurance and voluntary insurances
To be able to choose the plan you desire for 2022, all benefit-eligible employees must enroll by Oct. 31. After submitting your enrollment be sure to save, submit and print the confirmation provided. It is extremely important to print your elections and keep them until you have verified your elections when you review your first check in January 2022.
Human Capital Services and the State Employee Health Plan have many resources that may help you decide for health and other coverage for 2022.
- The State Employee Health Plan Enrollment Booklet provides an overview of components of health insurance and gives a comparison of the five health insurance plans and premiums.
- The State Employee Health Plan Vendors have provided videos to explain their benefits and answers to commonly asked questions.
- Ask Alex is a helpful tool that may assist you in making or verifying your decision for 2022.
Don't delay your enrollment. To enroll, follow the below instructions.
- Log in to HRIS.
- Navigate to Employee Self Service.
- Select Benefit Information.
- Select Health Insurance Enrollment.
- You may need to reenter your eID and password.
- Select Kansas State University from the dropdown box.
- Once logged in to the Member Administration Portal (MAP), Add Family Member, if applicable.
- Load supporting documents, if applicable.
- Select Enrollments & Events, then Launch Enrollment.
- Make your health insurance selections for coverage.
- Review and select the "I have read and agree ..." statement checkbox.
- Select Continue.
- You must print a copy of your health insurance coverage selections for your records (Ctrl+P).
- Log out of MAP.
October is also open enrollment for optional life insurance through the Kansas Public Employees Retirement System, also known as KPERS. KPERS provides life insurance regardless of your mandatory retirement plan.
Information on optional life insurance can be found on the KPERS open enrollment website.
A frequently asked question is, "What if I don’t enroll?" The chart below explains the benefits and enrollment requirements.
- Medical coverage: All active State of Kansas employees and Non State Group employees who are currently enrolled must make selections for plan year 2022. If you are currently enrolled and do not re-enroll, then your medical coverage will be defaulted to Plan N with your current medical carrier and an HRA for the employer contributions.
- Vision insurance: Members currently enrolled in a vision plan must enroll for 2022 benefits since there is a new vendor. If you do not re-enroll, you will not have vision insurance for plan year 2022.
- Dental only: Members only enrolled in the dental plan only will remain enrolled for 2022.
- Voluntary benefits: Members currently enrolled in the voluntary benefits insurance only will remain enrolled in those plans for 2022.
- Waived benefits: Members who have waived coverage will remain waived.
If you still have questions, please reach out to your HCS benefits team at firstname.lastname@example.org so we may provide you with the guidance needed to navigate this process.