Key Findings from the 2015-2016 administration:
- 96% of respondents reported that they had a very positive (56.7%) or positive (39.3%) experience at K-State.
- 95.6% of respondents indicated that they definitely (68.9%) or probably (26.7%) would recommend K-State to others.
- 71.6% of respondents have a job lined up (48.6%) or will attend graduate school (22.9%) upon graduation.
- At least 94.9% of respondents felt that they made some or a lot of progress in:
- ability to interact positively with people who are different from themselves
- gaining a broad general education about different fields of knowledge
- ability to think critically (analytically and logically)
- understanding the ethical standards of their discipline or profession
- understanding themselves - their abilities, interests, and personality
- understanding of other people and their abilities, interests, and perspectives
- ability to participate as a team member
Infographics for Selected Results
- Student Life Satisfaction
- Research Dissemination by College
- Faculty, Advisor, and GTA Relationships by Gender and Citizen Status
- Plans after Graduation by College
- Plans after Graduation by Year
University Report (PDF)
College Reports (PDF)
- The Senior Survey is designed to give undergraduate students the opportunity to reflect upon their K-State experiences. This information is used to improve the college experience for future students by identifying strengths in our programs as well as areas that need further development. The survey includes issues relating to satisfaction with K-State regarding academic programs, intellectual and personal growth, student services, and preparation for a career or a graduate/professional school.
- The survey is offered electronically (through Qualtrics) to seniors in Bachelor's degree programs who have applied or been approved for graduation in the given semester.
- During the 2015-2016 academic year, the Office of Assessment offered the Senior Survey to 3,697 graduating seniors, of which 1,718 took part in the survey, for a response rate of 46.8%. The university survey completion rate (completions / responses) was 86%.
- Results from the "Plans After Graduation" question are used for the "Future Plans of Bachelor's Degree Recipients" question on the VSA College Portrait. K-State's College Portrait may be viewed at http://www.collegeportraits.org/KS/K-State.
- A copy of the most recent edition of the K-State Senior Survey may be viewed here (last updated Summer 2015).