April 5, 2017
Writing Center looking for undergraduate tutors
The Writing Center at K-State is committed to developing writing and critical thinking through collaborative learning.
The center is looking for students in all majors who are strong writers and communicators to be undergraduate tutors.
Writing Center tutors:
- Work 6-10 hours per week and receive compensation.
- Represent many disciplines across campus.
- Take a tutor-training course.
- Form a tight-knit community.
- Gain valuable workplace and writing training and experience.
Our ideal candidates are:
- Early in their K-State careers (first- and second-year students should definitely inquire!)
- Strong writers and communicators
- Good listeners
- Team players
- Friendly and inclusive
- Curious and enjoy learning
- Flexible thinkers
For more information, please email Cydney Alexis at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 10.