August 23, 2022
Connect students to the Academic Achievement Center
At the Academic Achievement Center, we want all students to have the tools and resources to reach their academic goals. We will continue to have both virtual and in-person options for students. There are several ways for campus partners to engage with us and connect students to free resources:
- Request a presentation or workshop for your meeting, organization, or course. We can share about Academic Achievement Center resources or dive deeper into success skills you want students to develop. Visit Presentation Requests to request a presentation or workshop.
- Refer students to an academic coach. Typical reasons for a referral include at least one Navigate Progress Report, a need to build academic success skills, or when students indicate difficulty in managing course expectations. Learn more about how to do this on our Faculty Resources website.
- Encourage students to use Tutoring Services. For up-to-date information on tutoring schedules, please check out the Tutoring Services website. If tutoring is not currently offered for a course(s) you teach, email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a tutor for your subject area.
- Use Academic Success Tools and videos during meetings or classes. Our Academic Success Tools are topic-based and can be downloaded for immediate use or modified to fit student needs.
- Remind graduate students to use Academic Achievement Center resources. Check out the Graduate Student Resources webpage to learn about opportunities for support.
- Include a statement in your syllabus to ensure that students are aware of the center's free resources.
- Remind first-generation students that there is a first-generation student lounge in the Office of First-generation Students in 101 Holtz Hall for them to use as a study space or to build community.
For up-to-date information, visit the website at k-state.edu/aac. We wish everyone a happy start to the fall semester!