October 5, 2018
Art in Motion: A free annual celebration of art for everyone
Art in Motion, a free annual celebration of art, will be from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 6, at the Beach Museum of Art. The event is free and open to the public.
Join the museum to kick-off the "Silk Road through Kansas" program series. This indoor-outdoor celebration will have a Ping-Pong tournament with a twist, artist talks, interactive sensory stations, musical performances, hands-on art projects and more. The celebration is offered in conjunction with Harmony in the 'Hatt music festival, organized by the Manhattan Nonviolence Initiative.
- 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.:
- Ping-Pong Mao Tournament and Award Ceremony
- Silk collage hanging art project
- Silk Road Bazaar featuring interactive displays of woodblock printmaking techniques and tools from both Asian and Western traditions; Glass on the Silk Road, artifacts by Lindsborg jewelry artist Kathy Richardson; "Camels in Kansas" with Valeri Crenshaw; and Silk Road sensory table.
- 1 p.m.: Curator and artist talk at Harmony in the 'Hatt
- 1:45 p.m.: Chinese music performance by Manhattan High School students
- 2:20 p.m.: Gallery talk by Zhang Hongtu
- 3:30 p.m.: Ping-Pong Mao Tournament Awards Ceremony. Special award presented by Zhang Hongtu.