Official Bulletin Boards
Revised May 6, 2013
Table of Contents
Kansas and federal law requires state agencies to designate and maintain official bulletin boards for the display of relevant, current administrative and personnel information of interest to employees. Such boards are to be in areas easily and regularly accessible to all employees.
Following is a listing of Kansas statutes and KSU policies or directives relevant to the placement of notices on official bulletin boards:
Kansas Statutes Annotated (K.S.A.) 75-2973.
Kansas State University Affirmative Action Plan.
Each dean, department head, director of an academic or administrative department/work unit, extension area office, and branch experiment station will designate an authority that is responsible for establishing an official bulletin board and assuring the required documents are properly posted and up-to-date.
Deans, department heads and directors are responsible for:
a) designating the location of an official bulletin board;
b) complying with all legal posting requirements; and
c) assuring the establishment and maintenance of an easily and regularly accessi ble official bulletin board for all employees within their department/work unit.
The official bulletin board will contain required documents and may contain informational documents.
The Division of Human Resources will maintain a listing of the personnel related and information required for posting on the official bulletin boards.
The Affirmative Action Office will maintain a listing of the EEO policies and guidance for compliance with the legal posting requirements.
The official bulletin board shall contain the documents outlined in Appendix A, which follows this chapter. Each document listed is linked to the required poster.
The following informational documents are beneficial for posting; however, they are not required:
- KSU Classified Position Vacancy Announcements
- Yearly Holiday Schedule
- KSU Employee Relations and Training Program Announcements
- Emergency Phone Numbers (pdf)
- KSU Employment Opportunities
Contact the Division of Human Resources at (785) 532-6277 with any questions or for further information.
- EEO is the Law (U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission), revised November 2009 (pdf)
- Kansas Law – Equal Opportunity (Kansas Human Rights Commission) (pdf)
- Equal Opportunity in Public Accommodations (Kansas Human Rights Commission) (pdf)
- KSU Affirmative Action Policy (KSU Affirmative Action Office) (pdf)
- Workers' Compensation (Kansas Department of Labor), revised April 2013 (pdf) (use for accidents on or after May 15, 2011)
- Worker's Compensation (Kansas Department of Labor), revised April 2013 (pdf) (use for accidents on or after April 25, 2013)
- Minimum Wage (U.S. Department of Labor), revised July 2009 (pdf)
- Employee Right to Communicate or Whistleblower's Act (Kansas Civil Service Act) (pdf)
- Divison of Human Resources List/Location of Services (Kansas Administrative Regulation) (pdf)
- Americans With Disabilities Act NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC (Secretary of Administration, State of Kansas), revised January 2003 (pdf)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities Under the Family and Medical Leave Act (U.S. Department of Labor), revised February 2013 (pdf)
- KSU Threat Management Policy, revised August 20, 2012
- Unemployment Insurance Law (Kansas Department of Labor), revised November 2012 (pdf)
- Child Labor - Notice of Hours, revised, May 2012 (pdf)
- KSU Policy on Discrimination and Harassment, issued December 2003 (pdf)
- Your Rights Under USERRA, the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (U.S. Department of Labor), revised October 2008 (pdf)
- Official Bulletin Board sign (pdf)