March 22, 2023
Newly hired faculty members invited to participate in New Faculty Institute events
The New Faculty Institute is a universitywide program hosted by the Teaching and Learning Center to introduce newly hired faculty to K-State's missions of teaching, research and service. The institute provides networking and professional development opportunities to assist new faculty in becoming successful educators and researchers at Kansas State University.
The K-State New Faculty Institute will help participants:
- Make contact, establish relationships and initiate a professional network with peers and established faculty.
- Become knowledgeable about Kansas State University.
- Develop a sense of belonging to the K-State community.
- Take steps toward successful involvement in K-State's missions of teaching, research and service.
- Become proactive participants in a lifelong professional development process.
To be added to the New Faculty Institute listserv and to receive timely updates, please email Tamara Bauer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring events include:
- Wednesday, March 29, 4-5 p.m.: Social at Hale Library. In-person networking event.
- Thursday, April 6, noon to 1 p.m.: Time with President Linton. Virtual event.
- Thursday, April 13, 1-2:30 p.m.: Webinar on Mastering Academic Time Management. Virtual and in-person event.
- Wednesday, April 19, 2:30-3:30 p.m.: Developing a Performance Mindset with Jon McGraw. Virtual and in-person event.
- Wednesday, May 3, 4-5 p.m.: End-of-semester social and celebration. In-person networking event.
For more details and to RSVP, please see the full PDF schedule.