New Faculty Institute
About the New Faculty Institute
Welcome to Kansas State University! K-State's New Faculty Institute (NFI) is a university-wide program to introduce newly hired faculty to our missions of teaching, research and service, and to facilitate their success at K-State.
The NFI will offer information, networking, and professional development. NFI participants first meet at the New Faculty-Staff Orientation during August, and then at four sessions each semester during the academic year.
Goals and Outcomes
NFI facilitates the transition of newly-hired faculty members into the K-State academic environment by providing information and tools, helping the new faculty become successful as educators and researchers at Kansas State University.
Participants of the K-State New Faculty Institute will:
- Make contact, establish relationships, and initiate a professional network with peers and established faculty;
- Become knowledgeable about Kansas State University;
- Develop a sense of belonging to the K-State university community;
- Take steps toward successful involvement in K-State's missions of teaching, research, and service; and
- Become proactive participants in a life-long professional development process.
Want to learn more?
If you are interested in getting timely updates about the New Faculty Institute, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the listserve.
The NFI is open only to new faculty members in their first or second year at K-State. Most newly hired faculty members will be informed of the New Faculty Institute by their department heads.
Pictures From Past Events