January 9, 2023
National search for dean of the College of Arts and Sciences
The Office of the Provost announces a national search for the next dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at Kansas State University. The university has engaged the services of Academic Career & Executive Search, an executive search firm, to support the search committee with the process.
The successful candidate must have the experience and vision to inspire, guide and facilitate a strong and diverse faculty in the advancement of high-quality teaching, research and engagement while providing leadership that assures the integrity, excellence, relevance and success of the college's multifaceted programs for the 21st century. The dean reports directly to the provost and executive vice president and serves as a member of the Deans Council.
The dean of the College of Arts and Sciences will serve as the chief academic and administrative officer of the college, providing leadership, strategic vision and direction, and support for the college. In addition, the dean provides university leadership to support and promote the academic mission of the university. Specific responsibilities of the dean will include:
- Leading all academic programs in the college.
- Promoting high-quality undergraduate and graduate experiences for resident and online students.
- Building continued excellence and growth in research and engagement.
- Supporting effective academic advising.
- Being actively involved in the recruitment and retention of high-caliber, diverse students, faculty and staff to the college, as well as promoting equity and a welcoming and inclusive environment.
- Working productively with students, faculty, staff, department heads, deans, administrators and the broader community on interdisciplinary and collaborative initiatives.
- Providing strategic leadership for developing and advancing the college's strategic plan and goals in alignment with the university's vision to become a next-generation land-grant university.
- Proactively working to address the budget planning, resource allocation and financial management needed for the college to thrive.
- Leading fundraising efforts in collaboration with the K-State Foundation on behalf of the college with a high degree of personal involvement.
- Maintaining and strengthening strategic relationships with the community, alumni, benefactors and industry.
- Working closely with constituents on issues related to the enhancement of the college and the university.
The full position description, including required qualifications, may be found on the provost's website.
Inquiries, nominations and applications will be treated confidentially. For full consideration, application materials must be received by Feb. 20. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and should include a cover letter and curriculum vita. Please do not email applications. Instead, apply directly at acesrch.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a21esjy3vsr8.
Inquiries and questions: Please send to email@example.com.
Nominations and referrals: Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campus interviews are anticipated to take place in late April with an anticipated appointment beginning in the summer.