December 9, 2022
Provost names search committee for dean of College of Arts and Sciences
Chuck Taber, provost and executive vice president, has appointed the committee to lead a national search for the university's next dean of the College of Arts and Sciences.
Chairing the committee will be Matt O'Keefe, dean of the Carl R. Ice College of Engineering. The university has engaged the services of Academic Career & Executive Search, an executive search firm, to support the search process.
Search committee members:
- Matt O'Keefe, committee chair, professor and dean of the Carl R. Ice College of Engineering.
- Christer Aakeröy, university distinguished professor and head of the chemistry department.
- Mohaned Al-Hamdi, assistant professor of economics.
- Andrew Bennett, professor and head of the mathematics department.
- Susan Brown, university distinguished professor of biology.
- Raluca Cozma, professor and associate director for undergraduate programs and engagement in the A.Q. Miller School of Media and Communication.
- Melinda Cro, professor of modern languages and assistant dean of students in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Regina Crowell, office specialist in the psychological sciences department.
- Frank Cummings, director of development for the College of Arts and Sciences at KSU Foundation.
- Greg Eiselein, professor of English, university distinguished teaching scholar and director of K-State First.
- Ethan Erickson, vice president for administration and finance.
- Matthew Gaynor, professor of art.
- Brian Geisbrecht, university distinguished professor of biochemistry and molecular biophysics.
- Catherine Harris, financial business officer in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Pamela Kempton, professor and head of the geology department.
- Heather McCrea, associate professor and Kenneth S. Davis professor of history.
- Sara Partin, graduate student in English.
- Claudia Petrescu, vice provost for graduate education and dean of the Graduate School.
- Jeffrey Pickering, professor of political science.
- Bryan Pinkall, associate professor and director of the School of Music, Theatre, and Dance.
- Evan Porter, junior in political science.
- Bharat Ratra, university distinguished professor of physics.
- Perla Reyes, associate professor of statistics and concurrent Bachelor of Science/Master of Science program coordinator.
- Matthew Sanderson, Randall C. Hill distinguished professor of sociology, anthropology, and social work and professor of geography and geospatial sciences.
- Donald Saucier, professor of psychological sciences, university distinguished teaching scholar and faculty associate director of the Teaching and Learning Center.
- Scott Tanona, associate professor of philosophy and associate dean for academic affairs in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Maria Vallejo, teaching assistant professor of social transformation studies.