September 30, 2022
Search committee named for executive director of Office of Recruitment and Admissions
Submitted by Office of the Provost
Karen Goos, vice provost for enrollment management, has appointed the committee to lead a national search for the university's next executive director of the Office of Recruitment and Admissions.
Tammy Byland, the current executive director, will leave the university to pursue an opportunity outside of higher education. Her last day on campus will be Friday, Oct. 28.
"We are very appreciative of all the hard work that Tammy has done for us over the last two years leading us through organizational change and the pandemic," Goos said.
Due to the critical nature of this position, the university is working to secure a temporary appointment. Details will be announced soon. This interim position will allow time to conduct a national search to secure a quality permanent replacement without adding additional work to our already stretched staff.
Chairing the committee will be Thomas Lane, vice president for student life and dean of students. The university has engaged the services of Academic Career and Executive Search, an executive search firm, to support the search process.
Search committee members are:
- Thomas Lane, committee chair, vice president for student life and dean of students.
- Grant Chapman, associate provost for international programs.
- Mirta Chavez, interim associate vice president diversity and multicultural student affairs and director of multicultural programs and services.
- Kimathi Choma, assistant dean of diversity, recruitment and retention in the College of Arts and Sciences and student ombudsperson.
- Kevin Cook, interim director of parents and family program and associate director of Housing and Dining Services.
- Deana Core, assistant dean of academic programs in the College of Agriculture.
- Jeff Ebeck, senior in finance and economics.
- Kathy Fronce, executive assistant to the vice provost for enrollment management.
- Robert Gamez, director of the Office of Student Financial Assistance.
- Kris Grinter, director of admissions at K-State Salina Aerospace and Technology Campus.
- Martin Seay, professor and department head of personal financial planning.
- Karina Taufi, director for student recruitment in the College of Architecture, Planning & Design.
- Mary Tolar, associate professor and dean of the Staley School of Leadership.