May 12, 2022
K-State researchers honored at 2021 Inventors and Breeders Ceremony
Vice President for Research David V. Rosowsky and K-State Innovation Partners hosted a reception on May 9 to recognize and honor K-State inventors and breeders who were issued U.S. patents and plant variety protection certificates in 2021. Those in attendance received their patent or plant variety protection certificate plaques.
The inventors and breeders recognized at this event join a distinguished group of K-State researchers who have worked with K-State Innovation Partners, which facilitates and manages technology transfer for the university, to protect their intellectual property.
“It is a privilege and honor to work with world-class researchers at K-State,” said Chris Brandt, chief tech innovation officer with K-State Innovation Partners. “We’re grateful for the opportunity to celebrate the hard work and dedication of these inventors and breeders.”
In 2021, U.S. patents were issued to the following K-State inventors*:
- Eduard Akhunov, plant pathology
- Kyeong-Ok Chang, diagnostic medicine and pathobiology
- Yong-Cheng Shi, grain science and industry
- Bernd Friebe, plant pathology
- Duy H. Hua, chemistry
- Cassandra K. Jones, animal sciences and industry
- Yunjeong Kim, diagnostic medicine and pathobiology
- Dal-Hoe Koo, plant pathology
- Jun Li, chemistry
- Igor Morozov, diagnostic medicine and pathobiology
- Jung-Eun “Kim” Park, horticulture and natural resources
- Sunghun Park, horticulture and natural resources
- Punit Prakash, electrical and computer engineering
- Juergen A. Richt, diagnostic medicine and pathobiology
- Gurpreet Singh, mechanical and nuclear engineering
- Xiuzhi “Susan” Sun, grain science and industry
- John M. Tomich, biochemistry and molecular biophysics
- Mark L. Weiss, anatomy and physiology
- Jason C. Woodworth, animal sciences and industry
2021 U.S. plant variety protection certificates were awarded to the following K-State breeders*:
- Jeffrey A. Ackerman, agricultural research center, Hays
- Scott Dooley, agronomy
- Allan K. Fritz, agronomy
- Alex King, agronomy
- Kenneth F. Rohleder, agricultural research center, Hays
- Michael J. Stamm, agronomy
- Guorong Zhang, agricultural research center, Hays
*Inventors and breeders who are no longer with the university are not listed.
A full list of patent and plant variety protection certificates awarded since 2009 is available on the awards page of the research website. K-State technologies that are currently available for licensing can be found on the AUTM innovation marketplace website.
To learn more about the commercialization process, contact K-State Innovation Partners at email@example.com or 785-532-5720.