November 11, 2020
Updates on COVID-19 in K-State communities
Submitted by Division of Communications and Marketing
Kansas State University continues to track and evaluate COVID-19 data in our community. Every week, the university is updating the online dashboard that tracks COVID-19 data in university-connected communities. The newest data will be uploaded on Wednesday, Nov. 11.
The Monday, Nov. 9, update from the Riley County Health Department indicates:
- 126 new positive cases and 60 additional recoveries since the Friday, Nov. 6, report.
- 258 active cases in Riley County.
- 2,253 recovered cases in Riley County.
- 12 deaths in Riley County.
- Age summary of positive cases in Riley County.
- Ascension Via Christi Hospital in Manhattan is caring for six COVID-19 patients at this time and one person under investigation. Three COVID-19 positive patients and one person under investigation are in the intensive care unit.
- One outbreak associated with a fraternity; one outbreak associated with a scholarship house; one outbreak associated with the K-State track and field team; and one outbreak associated with the K-State football team.
Find the latest COVID-19 data on K-State's online dashboard.
K-State is using 10 indicators and additional data to determine if and when changes to the university's operating status are necessary for the health and safety of the community. Data for each topic and indicator is collected and analyzed multiple times per week to provide updated information so leadership can make proactive decisions as quickly as possible.
For a more complete picture of the COVID-19 situation in campus host communities, visit websites from the Riley County Health Department, the Saline County Health Department and the Johnson County Health Department.