November 2, 2020
Human Capital Services announces reduced services during 2020 holiday break
Human Capital Services will reduce services while Kansas State University is closed for the holidays from Dec. 24 through Jan. 3, 2021. Faculty and staff may call HCS at 785-532-6277 during this time for employee emergencies or priority situations. Specific guidance is provided below regarding reduced services and appropriate deadlines. HCS will resume services in all units at 8 a.m. Jan. 4.
For colleges/units to onboard new employees with the payroll start date of Dec. 27, all approval processes and steps identified below will need to be completed by appropriately identified deadlines and colleges/units are encouraged to plan accordingly.
- Thursday, Dec. 10, is the final day to submit personnel transactions to HCS for pay period Dec. 13 through Dec. 26.
- Wednesday, Dec. 23, is the final day to submit personnel transactions to HCS for pay period Dec. 27 through Jan. 9, 2021
- Monday, Dec. 28, is the final day to enter time and leave and payroll funding for pay period ending Dec. 26.
- Preliminary pay calculations will run at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 29. All time and leave information needs to be completed prior to this preliminary pay calculation.
- All position description review requests — for recruitment, update, or FLSA — need to be submitted to COE by Tuesday, Dec. 15, to ensure requests are processed before the campus is closed for holiday break.
- Any requests for reclassification submitted after Tuesday, Dec. 1, will have determinations communicated after Jan. 4.
- All requisitions, offers and background check requests need to be submitted to talent acquisition by Friday, Dec. 18, to ensure requests are processed before the campus is closed for holiday break.