October 10, 2019
Academic Achievement Center will host an open house Oct. 10
The Academic Achievement Center welcomes students, faculty and staff to an open house from 3-5 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 10, at 101 Holton Hall. Visit with our team members, and learn more about how we support student success and collaborate with the campus community. Refreshments will be provided.
The Academic Achievement Center provides tools and resources for students to be academically successful through individualized skill development, engagement in and understanding of course content, and support in learning how to navigate university life.
Learn more about the center's following programs and offices at our open house:
- Academic Coaching: Guides students to identify academic goals, devise plans, implement success skills, overcome scholarly or personal challenges, and find purpose and motivation.
- Tutoring Services: Provides students with drop-in and scheduled, course-specific learning opportunities through peer tutors.
- Office of First-generation Students: Empowers students through mentoring, leadership, workshops and community building opportunities to cultivate a K-State connection and promote academic success.
- Scholar Services: Supports the development and engagement of students involved in scholarship cohorts such as KC Scholars, Kauffman Scholars and Give Back Scholars.
- Student Success Courses: Fosters independent learning, builds community, inspires engagement, develops multicultural competencies, and provides students with the tools and skills needed to succeed in college. Student Success First-Year Seminars and Cat Communities are offered in partnership with K-State First.
For more information about the Academic Achievement Center, visit k-state.edu/aac or 101 Holton Hall.