September 17, 2019
Introducing the LGBTQ* Faculty-Staff Alliance
Hello K-State! We are the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer Faculty and Staff Alliance. We'd like to take this opportunity to introduce our organization and what we do, and invite interested K-State faculty, staff and graduate students to join us at our upcoming meetings.
Who we are
The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, or LGBTQ*, Faculty and Staff Alliance consists of K-State employees and graduate students. While the organization's name reflects historically named, recognized and marginalized identities, we also want to emphasize that it is not comprehensively representational of the intersectional identities of our membership. The members of our organization are deeply committed to advocating for social justice.
What we do
The LGBTQ* Faculty and Staff Alliance seeks to support and advocate for sexuality and gender identity-based issues in the K-State community. We accomplish this by encouraging and supporting:
- Recruitment, retention and professional development efforts for LGBTQ* faculty and staff.
- Recruitment and retention of LGBTQ* students.
- Serving as resources and mentors in a variety of capacities.
- A cultural presence on campus and in the community, including education and advocacy programming.
- Collaborate with campus organizations and entities in their efforts to advance diversity and multicultural initiatives and programs.
How to get involved
The LGBTQ* Faculty and Staff Alliance typically holds regular meetings in addition to special events. Please contact the current co-chairs, Harlan Weaver at firstname.lastname@example.org, Rachel Levitt at email@example.com, or Mariya Vaughan at firstname.lastname@example.org, or the LGBT Resource Center at email@example.com for additional information on the alliance, including meeting times and events.
You also can visit the LGBTQ* Faculty and Staff Alliance webpage for more information.