December 4, 2018
Checklist for semester's end success
The Division of Student Life is here to support you as a partner in student success. As we complete the fall semester please keep in mind these free and student-centered resources. Below is a checklist of options to consider as finals draw near.
Academic success/study spaces:
- Students registered with the Student Access Center with exam accommodations should check their emails from the center to verify exam times. Faculty who have students using exam accommodations need to verify exam details with the Student Access Center and make sure details are up to date.
- Drop-in tutoring locations are open through Friday, Dec. 7. Schedules can be viewed online. No appointment is needed.
- Small group tutoring appointments can also be scheduled online through Friday, Dec. 7, or stop by Holtz Hall.
- Holtz Hall is available for students to use as study space from 9:30 p.m. to 2 a.m. on Sundays-Thursdays through finals week. The Career Center and Berney Family Welcome Center are open for studying until 11 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Meet with an academic coach to develop a finals prep checklist. Sign up for a coaching appointment online.
- For those students registered with Educational Supportive Services, 103 Holton Hall provides a study space, free printing and charging stations and provides free one-to-one tutoring and a writing specialist to assist students in preparing for final exams and papers.
- Students can explore career options during the spring semester by enrolling in EDCEP 120 Academic and Career Decisions.
- Students with personal concerns that have impacted them academically this semester can schedule an appointment with the Office of Student Life.
- Lafene Health Center now offers massage therapy. The benefits of massage include stress relief and relaxation. Discount rates available for students.
- Call 785-532-6544 or visit the patient portal to schedule an appointment any Lafene Health Center services.
- The Chester E. Peters Recreation Complex offers multiple yoga and/or meditation classes every day.
- The Recreation Complex provides a great space to socialize, exercise, relax and study. Hours are 5:30 a.m. to midnight Monday-Thursday; 5:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday; 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday; and noon to midnight Sunday.
- Counseling Services has same day walk-in sessions available for students in crisis requiring immediate services.
- Check out the Moments of Mindfulness group every Friday from noon to 1 p.m.
- Cats' Cupboard is open six days a week and has a reserved parking spot. It offers to-go breakfast and lunch bags; stop in if you need to refuel during long study sessions.
- Powercat Financial has peer financial counselors ready in 302 K-State Student Union. Students can request a free appointment today. Appointments are available over winter break.
- Short on cash? Find seasonal and part-time job opportunities via your Handshake account.
- The K-State FAFSA priority date was Dec. 1. The sooner students complete it each year the better. Learn more.
- Students can start now on completing the annual K-State scholarship application due Feb. 1 and also continue to look for outside scholarships with these helpful scholarship search tools.
For more information please feel free to contact Stephanie Bannister at firstname.lastname@example.org.