November 8, 2018
Nominations open: Commerce Bank Presidential Awards for Diversity
Nominations are open for the Commerce Bank and W. T. Kemper Foundation Presidential Faculty and Staff Award for Distinguished Service to Historically Underrepresented Students and the Student Award for Distinguished Services to Enhancing Multiculturalism at K-State.
The nomination and application forms are available now. The nomination deadline is 5 p.m. Friday, Nov. 30.
The faculty and staff award, established in 1978, recognizes an outstanding individual's contributions to the development of quality education for historically underrepresented students at Kansas State University. Nominees may be a faculty or staff member, an alumnus or a friend of the university. The William T. Kemper Foundation through the Commerce Bank sponsors this cash award.
The Student Award, established in the spring of 1997, recognizes an outstanding student's contributions to diversity enhancement within the student sector. The William T. Kemper Foundation through the Commerce Bank sponsors this cash award.
Commerce Bank Presidential Awards selections committee members include:
- Bryan Samuel, chief diversity and inclusion officer.
- Trisha Gott, associate director, School of Leadership Studies.
- Patricia Hudgins, associate director, Career Center.
- Rebeca Paz, assistant director, Office of First-generation Students.
- Spencer Wood, associate professor of sociology, anthropology, and social work.
- Spencer Clark, assistant professor of curriculum and instruction.
- Brandon Haddock, coordinator, LGBT Resource Center.
- Jordan Peyton, president, Asian American Student Union.
- Del'Sha Roberts, president, Black Student Union.
- Monica Romero, president, Hispanic American Leadership Organization.
- Triston Herbst, president, Native American Student Association.
Both award recipients will be celebrated at the Commerce Bank Awards reception on Tuesday, Jan. 29, 2019, during the university's Martin Luther King Jr. Observance Week. The faculty/staff award recipient will be recognized at spring commencement.
For more information, contact Michele Benevento, selection committee staff support, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-532-6276 or Adrian Rodriguez, selection committee chair, at email@example.com.