November 8, 2018
Kansas Science Communication Initiative offers Science Communication Awards
The Kansas Science Communication Initiative, with the support of the Office of the Vice President for Research, invites applications for two Science Communication Awards.
- Faculty and Postdoc Science Communication Award: $1,000 to be used toward research and creative inquiry activities.
- Student Science Communication Award: $500 with no use restrictions; open to undergraduate and graduate students.
For this award, science communication is defined as the exchange of information and viewpoints about science through diverse formats to:
- Study the public's perceptions of science — e.g., surveys, focus groups, deliberative workshops.
- Foster the public's understanding and use of science and scientific methods — e.g., policy initiatives, science festivals and experiential events, articles and interviews, websites and social media.
- Create public conversations and partnerships that advance scientific discovery and address critical social problems.
Please apply by completing this Qualtrics survey with required materials. Applications are due by Jan. 28, 2019.
Awards will be selected by the Kansas Science Communication Initiative based on the quantity and impact of applicants' work in science communication. Decisions will be made in March 2019.