November 8, 2018
Global Campus schedule for synchronous livestream of OLC Accelerate conference sessions
K-State Global Campus has registered for the OLC Accelerate virtual conference, which focuses on "quality online learning, advancing best practice guidance and accelerating change in learning for academic leaders, educators, administrators, online learning professionals and organizations around the world." The conference will take place Nov. 14-16, and virtual attendees will have on-demand access to all recorded sessions for one year.
Global Campus will be providing the following sessions in synchronous livestream Nov. 14-16.
Wednesday, Nov. 14
12-12:45 p.m., 31 Global Campus — Feel free to bring a brown bag lunch.
1-1:45 p.m., 31 Global Campus .
- Kicking Lecture To The Curb! Even Large Lecture Classes Can Experience Deeper Learning Using Active, Gamified, Project-Based Learning Strategies.
2:30-3:15 p.m., 247 Leadership Studies Building.
3:30-4:45 p.m., 247 Leadership Studies Building.
- Keynote address — "Learning How To Make The Future."
Thursday, Nov. 15
9-9:45 a.m., 231 Global Campus.
10:15 – 11 a.m., 231 Global Campus.
- Cultivating And Sustaining A Virtual Campus: Addressing All Stakeholder Needs Through A Master Course Design Model.
2:15-3 p.m., 247 Leadership Studies Building.
Friday, Nov. 16
8:45-9:30 a.m., 247 Leadership Studies Building.
9:45-10:30 a.m., 247 Leadership Studies Building.
- Can Online Students Be Fully Integrated Into Residential Courses Via Web Conferencing? Lessons Learned From Two Pilot Courses At Columbia University.
10:45-11:30 a.m., 247 Leadership Studies Building.
- From Proprietary Textbook To OER: A Case Study Of Designing, Developing And Implementing An Open E-Textbook.
Please join us for any of the sessions. To register to view sessions on your own, please provide your name and contact information and further registration instructions will be provided. If you have any questions, please contact Laura Widenor, Global Campus quality coordinator, at email@example.com.