September 5, 2018
Newly hired faculty members invited to join the New Faculty Institute
The New Faculty Institute is a universitywide program to introduce newly hired faculty to K-State's missions of teaching, research and service, and to facilitate their success at the university. The New Faculty Institute will offer information and networking. The institute facilitates the transition of newly hired faculty members into the K-State academic environment by providing information and tools that can help them become successful as educators and researchers at the university.
Participants enjoy a catered lunch while engaging in a workshop. Luncheons will take place from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sept. 12, Oct. 24, Nov. 28, Feb. 20, March 20 and April 10 in the K-State Student Union.
To be added to the listserve and to receive timely updates about the New Faculty Institute, please email Tamara Bauer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The K-State New Faculty Institute will help participants:
- Make contact, establish relationships, and initiate a professional network with peers and established faculty.
- Become knowledgeable about Kansas State University.
- Develop a sense of belonging to the K-State university community.
- Take steps toward successful involvement in K-State's missions of teaching, research and service.
- Become proactive participants in a life-long professional development process.
The New Faculty Institute is a program hosted by the Teaching and Learning Center. More information can be found at k-state.edu/tlc/programs/nfi.