SafeRide is now operated by Lyft!
SafeRide operated by Lyft provides all students on the Manhattan campus free or discounted late-night rides within the city limits during the eligible windows utilizing the Lyft app. SafeRide is a program funded by students for students through the Campus Privilege Fee and we heard your calls for a program that meets your immediate needs and safety concerns. We are always looking to make improvements to better serve the K-State student body, so if you have feedback, please share with us via email at email@example.com.
Ready to set up your Lyft account to take advantage of the free or discounted rides? We've created a quick "How-To Guide" to help you out!
Rides must meet the following requirements in order to have the discount applied:
- Thursday through Saturday nights between 10pm-3am
- Start AND end within the Manhattan city limits
- Standard Lyft rides only
All students currently enrolled in at least three credit hours on the Manhattan campus will be auto enrolled into the program. Check your K-State email for an invitation from Lyft Business and follow the steps to create your account.
If you have not received an invitation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rides must start AND end within the designated service area. The current service area is defined by the Manhattan city limit boundaries as seen here.
In response to COVID-19, Lyft launched a Health Safety Program, which includes:
- Personal health certification for drivers and riders
- Required face masks for drivers and riders
- Health safety education for drivers and riders
- Distribution of cleaning supplies and masks for drivers
- Read more about the program on the Lyft website
Additional safety tips:
- Verify your ride by making sure the license plate number, driver information, and car make and model match what you see in the app.
- Share your location and route with a friend or loved one from within the Lyft app so they can follow your ride in real time.
- Follow the Lyft vehicle on GPS via the app.
- Ask the driver to say who they are picking up. "What's My Name?"
- Learn more about how to ride smart with Lyft.
Please connect with the program by following @KSU_SafeRide on Twitter.
Email SafeRide@ksu.edu with any questions, feedback, or concerns about the program in general or a ride you experienced.
Sign the SafeRide Pledge and stop by the Sip with SafeRide event on Thursday, February 11, 2021 from 9am-11am on Bosco Student Plaza for your chance to win a $50 Lyft voucher.