The mission of the SafeRide Program is to save lives and prevent injuries and damage to property by offering students and their guests a safe alternative to drunken driving and other threatening situations.
The Purpose of SafeRide
- Reduce the potential harmful consequences of alcohol and other forms of drug abuse.
- Prevent student driving while intoxicated, which is the #1 killer of young adults 16 to 24.
- Provide a safer environment in the Manhattan area.
- Provide a safe ride home for K-State students and guests who live within the designated city limits of Manhattan, Kansas, from Thursday through Saturday night, from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- Provide an alternative ride home for students in potentially threatening situations.
New Bus Routes
Dispatcher Phone Number
If you have questions or need assistance due to a disability please contact 785-537-6345 during the hours of operation for SafeRide, 11 p.m. to 3 a.m. on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday.
Rules for Use
- One person in party must show current K-State ID to receive a ride for a party of up to four individuals.
- Non-K-State students who are not in a party with a K-State student may ride for a fee of $2.
Hours of Operation
Safe ride will operate from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m., Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
Dates of Operation
SafeRide operates on weekends when school is in session.