The mission of the SafeRide Program is to save lives and prevent injuries and damage to property by offering students and their guests a safe alternative to drunken driving and other threatening situations.
The Purpose of SafeRide
- Reduce the potential harmful consequences of alcohol and other forms of drug abuse.
- Prevent student driving while intoxicated, which is the #1 killer of young adults 16 to 24.
- Provide a safer environment in the Manhattan area.
- Provide a safe ride home for K-State students and guests who live within the designated city limits of Manhattan, Kansas, from Thursday through Saturday night, from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- Provide an alternative ride home for students in potentially threatening situations.