Mediasite Video Platform
What is Mediasite?
- A capture solution that enables instructors to create lectures and presentation videos
- A distribution platform that allows students to watch content on their computers or mobile devices
- A video management system that places rich, individual-student-level analytics at instructors' fingertips
- A student-centered video player that empowers students to focus on the content most important to them
What can you do with Mediasite?
- Record lectures in ad-hoc or automated fashion within Mediasite-equipped spaces
- Capture your computer's desktop and/or webcam
- Upload existing videos from other sources
- Manage videos in a secure, searchable environment
- Insert video content into Canvas
- Watch videos on computers and mobile devices without plugins
Webinar: Mediasite: A K-State video tool for teaching (34:29)
Getting started with Mediasite
Crash course: Mediasite orientation (22:04)
Mediasite is available in Canvas
Mediasite brings easy-to-use instructional capture and video publishing to Canvas. From any course, instructors can use My Mediasite to capture or upload video lectures, screencasts and tutorials. Instructors can automatically publish to designated courses or embed video content anywhere within Canvas. To access your My Mediasite portal within Canvas, select the "My Mediasite" link in your course's navigation menu.
Note: The My Mediasite course navigation button will only be visible to Instructor and TA roles. Students will not see this button. With the Mediasite LTI integration for Canvas, students can access content and stream Mediasite presentations without leaving the Canvas course. Mediasite provides an engaging learning experience with powerful video search, interactivity and sharing tools.