1. K-State home
  2. »ISSS
  3. »Students
  4. »J1

International Student and Scholar Services

J-1 Students

J-1 Exchange visitor visa status is available to those students who are supported substantially by funding other than personal or family funds. Such funding may include that which comes from the U.S. government or the student’s home government, or an international organization, or Kansas State University. Students who are supported by personal or family funds are ineligible for J-1 immigration status and must come to the U.S. to study in F-1 immigration status. J college and university students are governed by regulations at 22 C.F.R. § 62.23.





Transfer In