Transferring In to Kansas State
All students currently in F-1 or J-1 status attending any type of SEVIS approved institution (high school, college, university, intensive English institute) in the U.S. who plan to transfer to Kansas State University must work with their current school to complete the transfer procedure through SEVIS. Complete the Transfer In form for F-1 or J-1 student (located in the sidebar) & return to International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) at email@example.com or fax to 785-532-6607.
Transfer In Procedures for J-1 students: This process is for students only. If item #4 on your current DS-2019 does not indicate a category of Student (at the Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate levels only), do not use this form. Instead, contact ISSS by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 785-532-6448.
1. Receive admission to Kansas State University.
2. Notify your current school/program sponsor of your intentions to transfer.
3. Complete Part I of the J-1 Transfer In form (only after you have been admitted and choose to attend K-State)
4. Have Part II completed by an international student advisor at your current institution or the Responsible Officer from your program sponsor.
- You should first verify with your current institution/program sponsor that a transfer of the SEVIS record is possible. You may transfer from one program sponsor to another if the purpose of the transfer is to complete the same objective for which you were initially admitted to as an exchange visitor and if you remain within the same participant category.
- If you are eligible to transfer, you and your current institution/program sponsor must determined the date you wish to have your SEVIS record electronically released to K-State. Once the form has been completed, return it to ISSS at Kansas State University by email to email@example.com or fax to 785-532-6607.
5. After the release date in SEVIS, K-State will be able to issue a DS-2019 for you.
- It is required that you check-in with ISSS upon your arrival to Kansas State. Please visit our Orientation page for a schedule of our group check-in sessions. You will need to bring your previous institution/program sponsor's DS-2019, passport and I-94 with you to check-in.
- Please contact ISSS after the SEVIS release date from your current institution/program sponsor. You will need to provide your current U.S. address. A new DS-2019 will then be issued within 5 business days.