Change of Status

When you enter the United States in non-immigrant status, you do so for a specific purpose, such as study, work, or travel. You may enter the U.S. with one purpose and later change your purpose. When this happens, you may need to obtain a new status. Different visa/status categories allow different activities.

*Changing your status can be a complicated process which may require application forms, fees, additional documentation and lengthy processing times. Please always consult with your advisor at ISSS when considering changing your status.