Graduation and Commencement
Fall 2020 Graduation and Commencement Deadlines
To officially graduate in fall 2020, masters and doctoral students must complete all degree requirements by November 13, 2020. Refer to the web-based list of Deadlines for Graduation and ETDR Submission Checklists for a detailed list of requirements.
In order to meet capacity limitations required for social distancing, the Graduate School will host two commencement ceremonies on Friday, November 20th at 8:30am and 4:00pm. Please refer to the K-State Commencement Ceremonies website to see which colleges are participating in each ceremony.
Masters and doctoral students who plan to graduate and participate in commencement in fall 2020 must have completed the following no later than Friday, October 2, 2020:
- Complete the KSIS graduation application
- Approval to Schedule Final Examination form with all required signatures received by the Graduate School
Graduate students who did not meet this deadline will not be allowed to participate in fall commencement
Spring and summer 2020 masters and doctoral graduates who plan participate in commencement on November 20th must complete the following by October 16, 2020:
- Complete the commencement ceremony RSVP form to receive guest tickets by mail
- Complete the Graduate School's commencement registration form. This form collects information for seating arrangements and creating reader cards for graduates.
Fall 2020 masters and doctoral graduates who plan participate in commencement on November 20th must complete the following:
- October 16 - Deadline to complete the commencement ceremony RSVP form to receive guest tickets by mail
- November 13 - Deadline to complete the Graduate School's commencement registration form. This form collects information for seating arrangements and creating reader cards for graduates.
View the calendar for deadline information for the current a future semesters. Refer to the web-based list of Deadlines for Graduation and ETDR Submission Checklistsfor step-by-step instructions for completing requirements by the deadlines for the semester you plan to graduate.
Graduation Requirements Video
Graduate students who have questions about their degree progress should email their respective degree specialist to request a graduation check:
- College of Health and Human Sciences and College of Education - Jamie Clark
- College of Arts and Sciences and College of Veterinary Medicine - Angie Pfizenmaier
- Colleges of Agriculture, Architecture, Business Administration, Engineering, Master of Technology, Public Administration, Public Health and Fine Arts - Stephanie Wacker
The university establishes dates that are considered official graduation dates for students completing all requirements for either the master's degree or the doctoral degree. Official diplomas issued by the Graduate School for the degree earned reflect the appropriate date of graduation.
The Graduate School recognizes graduates at one of two semi-annual university commencement ceremonies scheduled for May and December. Formal participation in a university commencement ceremony is reserved for those students who have satisfied all requirements for the degree. They must have submitted all materials, including signed copies of theses or dissertations and notification of intent to participate in the ceremony, to the Graduate School by the specified deadline dates.
Students who have earned this privilege may formally participate in the commencement ceremony, which includes being publicly recognized, and, in the case of doctoral students, being hooded by their major professors.
Students completing degree requirements after the deadline dates for a particular university commencement ceremony have passed will be invited to attend the ceremony in the following semester. These students should notify the Graduate School of their intent to attend so that proper arrangements can be made to include them in the ceremony. Such students will be listed in the next commencement program as having fulfilled requirements the previous semester.
Graduating International Students
eShipGlobal is a University Express Mail Service now available through the K-State Graduate School for mailing of international diplomas. Diplomas can now be mailed to an international address much faster and more reliably. Students must register and pay the delivery fees to eShipGlobal if they wish to use this service. If you would like to have your diploma mailed internationally with eShipGlobal, please review the service located at: https://study.eshipglobal.com/
Students must notify Graduate School of their decision to use eShipGlobal at the time they submit their ETDR and other required documents.