Review the admission procedures and entrance requirements before applying.
Each graduate program at Kansas State University determines the materials needed for making admission decisions. Contact the department to which you are interested in applying to determine what supporting documents are required as part of the application process.
The online application process includes four steps:
- Select admission category
- Create an account
- Submit required supplemental documents
- Pay application fee
1. Select admission category
2. Create an account
Create an account to start your online application. Please fill out all sections of the application. Your application will be considered active once submitted.
3. Submit required documents
All required documents (e.g., statement of objectives, copies of transcripts, resume/curriculum vitae, letters of recommendation, GRE and TOEFL scores) will be requested as you fill out the application. Please upload all materials requested in the application. Do not submit materials by email to the graduate school unless requested.
- Upload a copy of your transcript for each post-secondary education institution attended.
- If your transcript is not in English you must also provide a copy in English or a translated copy by an appropriate authority. Please follow this link for our Certificate of translation form.
- If you are offered admission your admission letter may include a request for transcript(s) if you are required to furnish OFFICIAL copies of your transcripts for degree conferral verification, from each institution where you received a degree and completed any post-baccalaureate credits. Transcripts are considered Official if they have been sent directly from an institution to Kansas State University. Transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the Graduate School.
- Failure to disclose your entire and complete academic history may result in denial of admission, revocation of admission and assistantship offers, and/or suspension or dismissal after admission.
- Letters of recommendation
- If requested, letters of recommendation are submitted in the online application. Submit your references using the online application.
- Your references are automatically notified to complete the recommendation online.
- Letters of recommendation can be tracked by students online. Click Review Your Activity to display the names of your recommenders. Use the Action button to edit recommender or send a reminder.
- Affidavit of financial support
- International students will be required to download and submit a completed affidavit of financial support form within the application.
4. Pay application fee
|International Degree Seeking Fee||$75|
|International Non-Degree or Certificate Fee||$75|
|Domestic Degree Seeking Fee||$65|
|Domestic Non-Degree or Certificate Fee||$50|
All applicants for graduate admission or readmission must submit an application and pay the appropriate fee listed above. Current non-degree graduate students at Kansas State University who wish to pursue a degree program must submit a new application and pay the application fee. The Graduate School does not issue application fee waivers. NOTE: Application fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
Application review process
Initial review and admission recommendations are completed by the program to which you applied. The application process is described below:
- Apply to a graduate program online and pay the application fee. You can check the status of the documents you submitted by following this link: https://www.applyweb.com/kstateg/index.ftl and clicking, "manage your account." Your checklist within your application page will reflect ONLY documents you submitted.
- The graduate program to which you applied reviews the application and forwards the decision to the Graduate School.
- The Graduate School reviews the application and sends the official recommendation to the applicant.
English language proficiency
To demonstrate competence in the English language, an official report of scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System-academic exam (IELTS) or Pearson Test of English (PTE) must be sent to Kansas State University for all applicants whose first language is not English, both domestic and international.
An applicant who has received a degree in the last two years from a United States college or university is exempt from this requirement. However, individual programs may require demonstration of English language proficiency.
Learn more about English proficiency requirements.