The following is an excerpt posted at the Kansas Department of Ag website.
- Economic impact of horticulture industry almost doubles
- Highlights from the report include:
- Gross value of sales for horticulture enterprises involved in producing fruits, berries, nuts, vegetables, grapes,medicinal plants, Christmas trees and sod totaled $31 million in 2006 compared to $15.1 million in 2000.
- Turf installation and maintenance expenditures at golf courses, airports, health care facilities, schools, parks, athletic fields, racetracks, households and roadsides was nearly $409 million in 2006.
- The nursery and greenhouse industry totaled $156.7 million in gross sales in 2006.
- The survey is available online.
Turfgrass and Horticulture Surveys
2001 Kansas Horticulture Survey (PDF)
2007 Kansas Horticulture Survey (PDF)
2001 Kansas Turfgrass Survey (PDF)