May 7, 2019
The Kansas Legislature adjourned early Sunday, May 5. The ceremonial Sine Die session will be May 29.
Final decisions of the Legislature for higher education funding:
- Appropriate $8.9 million for state universities, Washburn University, community colleges and technical colleges to restore the final reductions from the FY 17 allotment.
- Appropriate additional $24.1 million for state universities, Washburn University, community colleges and technical colleges.
- Appropriate $500,000 addition for the Comprehensive Grant program for need based aid to students.
- Appropriate to the State Finance Council funding to reach a 2.5% salary increase across all state agencies.
Final decisions of the Legislature specifically for Kansas State University:
- Appropriate $4 million to restore Global Food Systems Grant to K-State.
- Appropriate $520,000 to K-State Polytechnic to add professional pilot instructors.
- Appropriate $650,000 to K-State Research and Extension for K-State Forestry for statewide fire suppression efforts.
- Add the authority to sell the Pecan Field in Cherokee County, the Old Gym at K-State Polytechnic, the 4.4 acres next to International Grains Building in Manhattan, and convey back to the City of Olathe 11 acres near the K-State Olathe campus.
For information and questions regarding the 2019 Legislature contact the Office of Government Relations.
View a PDF document for information on bills passed and signed by the governor.