May 7, 2019
Reminder: All-University Awards Ceremony today
Submitted by Office of the President
President Richard Myers and Provost Charles Taber will host the All-University Awards Ceremony and reception from 3-5 p.m. today, May 7, in the K-State Alumni Center Ballroom.
The ceremony and reception will be open to the entire university community, as well as the families of the awardees. Refreshments will be served.
Awardees to be recognized at the ceremony:
• Big 12 Faculty Fellowships
- Matthew Brueseke, geology.
- Behzad Ghanbarian, geology.
- April Petillo, American ethnic studies.
- Shireen Roshanravan, American ethnic studies.
- Lisa Rubin, special education, counseling and student affairs.
- Patricia E. Ackerman, Polytechnic School of Integrated Studies.
- Katherine Jones, Polytechnic undergraduate services.
- Siny Joseph, Polytechnic School of Integrated Studies.
- Jung Oh, Polytechnic School of Integrated Studies.
• Coffman Chair for University Distinguished Teaching Scholars
- David Poole, kinesiology.
• Commerce Bank and W.T. Kemper Foundation Distinguished Graduate Faculty Award
- Kimberly Kirkpatrick, psychological sciences.
- T.G. Nagaraja, diagnostic medicine and pathobiology.
• Commerce Bank and W.T. Kemper Foundation Outstanding Teaching Award
- Steven Copp, kinesiology.
- Jessica Nelson, special Education, counseling and student affairs.
- Marcella Reekie, English.
- Elizabeth Yeager, agricultural economics.
• Commerce Bank and W.T. Kemper Foundation Presidential Faculty/Staff Award for Distinguished Services to Historically Under-Represented Students
- Tanya González, English.
• Commerce Bank and W.T. Kemper Foundation Presidential Student Award for Distinguished Services in Enhancing Multiculturalism
- Adam Reid Carr, management.
• K-State Excellence in Engagement Award
- Michi Tobler, biology.
- Amber Vennum, family studies and human services.
• K-State Mentoring Fellowship Award
- Michael Chao, animal sciences and industry.
- Landon Marston, civil engineering.
- Won Min Park, chemical engineering.
- Jin Wang, economics.
- Yi Zheng, grain science and industry.
• President's Award of Excellence for Unclassified Professionals
- Gail Eyestone, anatomy and physiology, Belonging Award.
- Ethan Erickson, budget office, Distinguished Accomplishment Award.
- Lynn Carlin, provost's office, Leadership Award.
- Ashley Nietfeld, Global Campus, Productivity, Creativity, Innovation Award.
- Barb Nagel, registrar's office, Team Building, Group Activity, Service to the University Award.
• Presidential Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Advising
- Shannon Skelton, School of Music, Theatre, and Dance.
• Presidential Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching
- Tamara Bauer, Staley School of Leadership Studies.
- Jacob Pichelmeyer, mathematics.
- Kevin Sauer, food, nutrition, dietetics, and health.
- Christine Wilson, agricultural economics.
• Presidential Award for Outstanding Department Head
- Craig Harms, kinesiology.
• Putting Students First Award for Outstanding Service to Students
- Mo Hosni, mechanical and nuclear engineering.
• University Award for Distinguished Undergraduate Student in Research
- Valerie Nguyen, horticulture and natural resources and environmental sciences.
• University Distinguished Faculty Award for Mentoring of Undergraduate Students in Research
- Briana Nelson Goff, family studies and human services.
• University Outstanding Department of Unit Award for Enhancing Diversity
- K-State First.