August 21, 2023
New student organization event policy announcement
Dear K-State Community,
As I announced in a May 8 K-State Today article, new and updated student organization policies were implemented on Aug. 1, including:
- PPM 8540 — Student Organization Recognition Policy.
- The purpose of this policy is to establish the different classifications of student organizations, to define various roles within student organizations, and to provide criteria for organizations to achieve and maintain university recognition.
- PPM 8545 — Student Organization Conduct Code and Process for Discipline.
- This policy provides an outline of expectations and methods of accountability for student organizations and their members.
- PPM 8550 — Student Amnesty Policy.
- Through this policy, the university empowers students to report alcohol and other drug-related emergencies, sexual harassment, discrimination and other harassment, physical assaults, threatening behavior, incidents of hazing, and similar behavioral concerns by eliminating a potential barrier — concern of being punished for minor conduct infractions.
In addition to the policies listed above, work continued to update the Student Organization Event Policy, PPM 8530. Today, I am pleased to share the updated policy with the university community.
- PPM 8530 — Student Organization Event Policy.
- This policy provides recognized student organizations with guidance and learning opportunities as they relate to social responsibility and event management. All recognized student organization-sponsored events must complete the event registration process.
To learn more about recognized student organization event registration, please visit the Center for Student Involvement website. As a reminder, returning student organizations must complete the annual recognition and renewal process for the 2023-2024 academic year by Oct. 1, 2023, to remain in active status as a recognized student organization.
Questions regarding these policies may be submitted to the Center for Student Involvement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and Go 'Cats!
Vice President for Student Life and Dean of Students