Dance Concert Auditions
Spring Dance Concert '23 audition - Saturday December 3rd, 8:00 am, Nichols Hall Studio 008
Spring Dance Concert '23 will be presented in McCain Auditorium March 31 - April 1, 2023. Students will perform faculty choreography and featured work from guest artist Karida Griffith Walker (https://karidagriffith.com/).
We will be casting for Modern/Contemporary, Jazz, and Tap styles. The audition is open to all K-State students.
To audition, download, print, and complete the Audition Information Form (to be submitted at the audition).
Click HERE for the Audition Information Form (editable Excel file)
Click HERE for the Audition Information Form (PDF file)
Please be as accurate as possible with your schedule, as casting is partly based on availability.
Doors will open at 8:00 am!
K-State Dance Auditions
K-State Dance produces two Mainstage Concerts per year: Winter Dance Concert, and Spring Dance Concert. These performances feature choreography from our renowned faculty as well as acclaimed guest artists in jazz, modern, and tap styles. Auditions for these concerts are open to all K-State students, undergraduate and graduate. Prior experience is preferred, but not required. Students should arrive by 30 minutes before the audition begins to warm up and submit audition materials which includes weekly availability (bring your calendars!).
If you are seeking information about Scholarship or Ensemble auditions, please visit the linked pages.
- Dance Concert auditions are typically held twice per year: on the first Saturday after classes begin in the Fall semester for the Winter Dance Concert, and on the Saturday after the last week of classes in the Fall semester for the Spring Dance Concert. These dates are subject to change. Changes will be announced on this website, via K-State Today, and on the Dance “Call Board” in the basement of Nichols Hall.
- Audition participants will need to download, complete, and print the Audition Form prior to the audition. Forms are to be completed, printed, and submitted in person at the time of the audition. Individual solos are not required for K-State Dance auditions.
(Please be as accurate as possible with your schedule, as casting is partly based on availability)
- Please bring appropriate shoes and dance attire for the styles in which you intend to audition.
- Participation in person is required to be considered for casting. Please direct questions about this to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Casting results will be posted by the same day on the call board and via email.
Contact Neil Dunn, K-State Dance Production Manager with any questions at: email@example.com